[tex-live] kpsewhich uses huge amount of memory and CPU

Jörg Frauendiener joergf at maths.otago.ac.nz
Tue Mar 20 10:05:42 CET 2012

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone else has this issue: I am on Mac OSX 10.7 with TexLive 2011. For some time now when TeX-Live-Utility updates the setup I get a process which uses a huge amount of memory (6 GB and more) and 100% CPU. It looks like it is the kpsewhich command which is the cause of this. The last entry in the log file is from fmtutil-sys. My MBP cloggs up and I have to kill the process. So I am wondering what to do with this problem?

Anyone knows?

Cheers, Jorg
--
Jorg Frauendiener         | Tel.: +64-3-479-7770
Mathematics & Statistics  | Fax:  +64-3-479-8427
University of Otago       | joergf at maths.otago.ac.nz
P.O. Box 56               | jorg.frauendiener at otago.ac.nz
Dunedin 9010              | http://www.maths.otago.ac.nz
Skype: frauendiener