[tex-live] TeX Live 2011 & PS_View

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 12:36:23 CET 2012

George N. White III wrote:

> Not "undetected" so much as "unreported".  It seems you have higher
> expectations than most Windows users, who have mostly grown accustomed
> to erratic behaviour so don't recognize a bug when they encounter one.

I don't think that Windows sets the benchmark so high that add-ons
cannot reasonably be expected to meet it, so when I find something
as important as TeX Live "stealing" a file association without
permission, I am (I think understandably) surprised.  But Siep has
already identified the cause of the problem, and will undoubtedly
be close to finding a solution, so with any luck TeX Live 2012 will
not manifest this particular nasty ...

** Phil.