[tex-live] Raspberry PI

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 23 09:17:03 CEST 2012

Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> The xz-utils are there. It is only that the platform is not properly
> recognized. After forcing the platform name, TeX Live works properly
> (albeit slowly).
>
> PS: To comfort Norbert a bit: the first ConTeXt hello world took 500s
> including an automatic run of "mtxrun --generate" and generation of
> ConTeXt format. Subsequent ConTeXt runs took 18 s (which brought me
> back to 2004 when I started using ConTeXt and found it to be awfully
> slow).
>
> So raspberry pi seems to be "almost as bad" as decently new computers
> running Debian on ext3/ext4 ;)

what backing store do you have?  is it micro-sd?  how big?  is it a ~=
context-only version you've installed?

we've a big undergrad recruitment exercise rsn, with potential students
having raspis to play with as part of the game.  i'm (thankful i'm) not
involved -- i always get depressed by clever kiddies ... i was one once,
and look at me now!

robin the ex-clever person