[tex-live] Problem with new TeXlive 2012 pre-test install on Win32

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 14 18:03:22 CEST 2012

On Jun 14, 2012, at 10:53 AM, John Minter wrote:

> I did a new, clean install of TL2012-pretest on the system from my USB copy
> of the (same) mirror (in Utah). This worked properly. No clue to what
> caused the error the first time.
>
> I appreciate the suggestions I received.
>
> John

Howdy,

Strangely enough I had a problem downloading the latest mactex20120612 pretest from math.utah.edu. First time around the download went very slowly and the md5 sum didn't match. The second time around the download also went very slowly but this time I got an md5 sum match and it installed fine. I've very rarely had a problem with slow downloads from math.utah.edu so I hope that problem is transient.

PS: I also did a download from mirror.hmc.edu that took all of 17 minutes. Each of the downloads from math.utah.edu took over 2 hours.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)