[tex-live] Installation problem? checksum mismatch: siunitx

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 14:27:19 CET 2012

Bernhard Kleine <bernhard.kleine at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 31.01.2012, 12:47 +0000 schrieb Robin Fairbairns:
> > Bernhard Kleine <bernhard.kleine at gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > > all fonts freshly reinstalled using
> > > sudo tlmgr install --reinstall collection-fontsrecommended
> > >
> > > Obviously a problem of siunitx ?!
> >
> > what!?  you mean, you've removed it from your example, and the error
> > goes away?
> >
> > > \documentclass[a4paper]{scrbook}
> > > \usepackage{fontspec}
> > > \usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
> > > \selectlanguage{ngerman}
> > > \usepackage{siunitx}
> > > \usepackage{palatino}
> > > \usepackage{mathpazo}
> > >
> > > \begin{document}
> > > ae:ä; oe:ö; ue: ü; sz ß; ßß
> > > \end{document}
> >
> > this is minimal in the sense that i'm slim!
> >
> > what's the point of babel or siunitx?  better to have used article
> > class, because of the amazing volume of crud you get, in the log, from
> > scrbook.
> >
> > try cutting the thing down, to see what causes it to stop failing.
>
> Come on, it is siunitx. Try this
>
> \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{siunitx}
> \usepackage{palatino}
> \usepackage{mathpazo}
>
> \begin{document}
> test
> \end{document}
>
> remove/comment the siunitx line, run lualatex again and the mismatched
> checksums disappear.

well, plainly it's _not_ siunitx, since that package contains no fonts,
but you've done the test that demonstrates what's tweaking the error.

thanks.

> BTW Do not kill the messenger of bad news! that is prehistorical.

i wasn't attempting any such thing (and, btw, there are documented cases
of that, so it's not _solely_ prehistorical).

> Unfortunately I do not know you persionally,

unfortunately, maybe, for me.  don't worry, most people _don't_ want to
know me...

> this and the earlier code
> is much slimmer than many MWE shown here before. It is at least much
> slimmer than I am. :)

:-)

unfortunately, it still tweaks an issue in fontspec on _my_ machine, so
i couldn't investigate it further if i tried.  i'm going no further with
it, since my inexperience with luatex makes it unlikely i'll find
anything more.

btw, i hadn't realised until your previous post that you're using
lualatex; that's the sort of thing it _is_ worthwhile mentioning in an
initial post on a topic.

robin the hermit