[tex-live] [FEATURE REQUEST] support for additional user texmf trees

Markus Kohm markus.kohm at gmx.de
Thu Feb 23 10:58:43 CET 2012

Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012 schrieb T T:
> I think that advanced users should be advanced enough to handle
> problems related to environment settings.

Moreover, we already have a lot of locations where texmf.cnfs may reside. And
in difference to most other files, kpathsea reads not only the first of them,
but every one that has been found by kpathsea. I would not aim to increase
this number of valid texmf.cnf's locations, because it wouldn't make things
easier, but it may increase cost of file searching.

Markus