[tex-live] Please help

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Feb 13 19:12:11 CET 2012

On Feb 12, 2012, at 10:40 PM, Rahim Faradineh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to know how to install pstricks package in my MAC( Lion) , I am
> going crazy, please help
>
> Rahim
>
> *Think Green.  Only print this e-mail if you need to.*

Howdy,

Did you install MacTeX (see <http://www.tug.org/mactex/2011/>)? If so you now have TeX Live installed which already has pstricks installed so there is no need to figure out how to install it.

If pstricks is not being compiled properly you are most likely using pdflatex rather than latex+dvips+ps2pdf to compile the file.

In any case, this is NOT the proper forum for this kind of enquiry. Please just the Mac OS X TeX e-mail list for questions about how to use your TeX distribution or the supplied GUI apps. YOu can get more information about that e-mail list from <http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php/TeX_on_Mac_OS_X_mailing_list>. YOu may also find some help with using TeX on the Mac at the MacTeX Wiki at <http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page>.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)