[tex-live] Unattended TL install

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Wed Aug 22 13:58:44 CEST 2012

Hi

I just came back from a meeting with our IT department. I wanted them to
provide TL as a part of the programmes users can choose.

For now we will not be using a centrally maintained LaTeX installation
(several users will be on laptops and will be traveling, so LaTeX on a
share is not feasible, we'll see if the need present it self in the future).

One thing the IT department could do is to run an unattended TL installation

According to the to the documentation, one should be able to do an
unattended installation via

install-tl.bat -no-gui -profile file.profile

can a profile be written to simply install everything currently present
in tlnet? Without listing the collections?

Does anyone have experience regarding installing TL via a kind of
Windows deployment?

BTW: the documentation states that a TL installation should leave a
.profile of the just installed Tl. We did not find any created via

install-tl-advanced.bat

(Win 64-bit, at the very end the installer mentioned an existing MikTeX
installation, don't know if that is relevant)

--

/Lars Madsen
DK-TUG President