[tex-live] hyperref/puenc.def broken after upgrade

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:09:54 CEST 2012

2012/8/14 Giovanni Lanzani <g at lanzani.nl>:
> Pander <pander <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>
> [...]
>> The error is:
> [...]
>> /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/puenc.def:
>> ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
> [...]
>> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>> l.1591 \DeclareTextCommand[\textBeam}{P
>>                                        U}{\9043\223}%* U+2393
>
> Same here. Very annoying since hyperref was also broken with
> "subfig" a couple  of weeks ago.

Hyperref is a complex package, clashes can be expected. No one is able
to test all possible combinations. Such problems may occur with other
packages too. That's why I never upgrade in the middle of an important
project.

> Is there a way to "roll-back" to a previous version of the
> package? A là git reset?

tlmgr offers backup and restore of a previous version (RTFM).

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/