[tex-live] updmap-sys failed in current upgrade

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi at alice.it
Tue Aug 14 11:48:32 CEST 2012

Il 14/08/2012 10.55, Norbert Preining ha scritto:
> On Di, 14 Aug 2012, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>> "custom" means I am using my built binaries...
>
> Then you missed some updates in the binaries of course, the link

I upgrade daily TL2012...

Instead, I think that

> targets have changed, and that cannot be executed in custom bins.
> You need to manually update *several* links as most of the scripts
> are now in texmf-dist and not as before in texmf.

this choice has broken the option "custom-bin" in install-tl script.

When one uses "install-tl -custom-bin PATH" it installs in bin/custom
the binaries...

In these cases, "tlmgr update..." should warn the user and stop the
upgrade...

In this way the installation is not broken and the user can think the
best way to upgrade...

Ciao,
  Angelo.