[tex-live] hyperref psdextra compile issue

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 3 11:08:18 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 12:07:46AM -0700, Daniel Halperin wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm on MacTeX 2012 and with a recent update my docs will no longer compile,
> complaining about hyperref. I found this very recent thread:
> http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2012-August/032055.html; upgrading to the
> latest 6.82x fixed the problems for one of my documents.
>
> I've run into a different problem with another document, as follows:
>
> (/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/psdextra.def
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.34 \Hy
>         @VersionCheck{psdextra.def}
> ?

Help, I am already suffering from mental catcoditis.
It will be fixed.

> I have narrowed this problem down to the unicode option in \hypersetup.
> When that's disabled, everything compiles fine.

Thanks, another bug, the file should only be loaded if option `psdextrsa'
is given. (The option allows to use \alpha, \geq, ... directly
instead of \textalpha, \textgeq, ... for bookmarks with a slight
runtime penalty).

The fixes will be in v6.82y, probably today.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek