[tex-live] ctan->tl updates caught up

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 2 12:00:56 CEST 2012

On 2 August 2012 05:30, Yury Donskoy <yury.donskoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I then tried to update again, and it was successful.

Glad to hear it.  This wasn't the update with the latest changes, so
expect another one soon.

> There were no other TLMGR
> processes running, but maybe after it had failed to update the first time, it
> didn't exit properly and release all the files. I've seen firefox do it on
> occasion.

Maybe, but these failures are very hard to diagnose.  AV software
often aggravate things further by racing against applications for file
access.  On many occasions I witnessed my system lock up for a while,
because of AV grinding through stuff and denying file access to
applications (although, I've never experienced failures due to this,
but it may depend on the AV you use).  BTW, I used AVG in the past,
but it grew to such a monstrosity, that I switched to avira.  It was
quite lean two major versions back, but it's a big resource hog now as
well.  Anyone has a lightweight AV to recommend for TL users?

> Anyway, here's the log. Thanks for your help.

No problem.

Cheers,

Tomek