[tex-live] ctan->tl updates caught up

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 2 05:23:40 CEST 2012

On 2 August 2012 02:19, Yury Donskoy <yury.donskoy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am attaching the file again, this time with the command that displays it, as
> there seems to be some question about its correctness.

Thanks, this is the right file.

> TL>(
> temp\tar.exe -xf temp\texlive.infra.tar
>  if errorlevel 1 goto :rollback
> )
> tar: Could not change access and modification times of texmf/scripts/texlive/tlmgr.pl: Permission denied

This could be due to interfering AV soft, as already mentioned, or you
had another instance of tlmgr running at the same time.  I've just
committed a fix that might help with the AV problems (avoids changing
timestamps on files).  It should be coming through with the next round
of updates (though, you may need to use update-tlmgr-latest.exe to get
it, if you experience the same problem again).

> TL>echo [01/08/2012  6:54:37.30] failed self update: texlive.infra (27258 -> 272
> 62) 1>>"C:/texlive/2012/texmf-var/web2c/tlmgr.log"
> The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

This one's weird (makes sense only if another tlmgr was running at the
same time), but it wouldn't cause the update to fail as such.

Thanks again for the report and sorry for the trouble.

Cheers,

Tomek