[tex-live] ctan->tl updates caught up

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Aug 2 03:02:48 CEST 2012

Hi Yury,

why, instead of writing a long email, don't you send
the file Tomek asked for:

On Do, 02 Aug 2012, Yury Donskoy wrote:
> >  > 27262) 1>>"C:/texlive/2012/texmf-var/web2c/tlmgr.log"
> >  > The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
> >  > another process.

The file you send does NOT look like the .log file, but like the .bat
file that is created during upgrade.

FOr your other items>

> First of all, how does one go about turning off a virus scanner that does not
> involve uninstalling it? Every single piece of software for Windows comes with a

Normally there is a button like "disable for 10 min" etc

> my Linux box, I have to say that the updates to the command and certain packages
> were never tested on a Win32 box prior to their release this week. This is a
> problem, but not the point of this post.

It is a problem, I agree. But then if updmap is broken for some
days it does not mean that the world ends, right?

BTW, you should try the exe updater again, you probably got an
old version of the updater.

> my chosen work platform(same one as that of hundreds of millions of users
> worldwide) or that I don't expect us to come to sort of resolution for this
> problem that doesn't involve taking the easy, Microsoft way out of problems: if
> doesn't work, go see your manufacturer.

We are trying hard with our limited resources of volunteers and
very few that are active on WIndows to support it. Yes.

Best wishes

Norbert