[tex-live] new release of latex-unicode

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at cs.ioc.ee
Fri Apr 20 08:33:21 CEST 2012

Am Freitag, den 20.04.2012, 00:09 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
> On 2012-04-19 at 23:17:50 +0300, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > At least, the following minimal example works as expected:
> >
> > > \documentclass{article}
> > >
> > > \usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
> > > \usepackage[vietnam]{babel}
> > >
> > > \begin{document}
> > >
> > > Ơ, ơ, Ư, ư
> > >
> > > \end{document}
>
> […]
>
>  > I wasn’t able to derive an analog minimal example, which uses the
>  > vietnam package. Maybe, I just have no proper understanding of how to
>  > use the vietnam package. I got complaints about missing babel
>  > definitions for vietnam and such.
>
> Could you send me your .tex and .log files?

I think Iʼve found the problem. After having tested the above minimal
example, I replaced the lines

    \usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
    \usepackage[vietnam]{babel}

by

    \usepackage[utf8x]{vietnam}

and reran pdflatex. This gave me the following:

    ! Package babel Error: You haven't defined the language vietnam yet.

The problem was that there was a line

    \select at language{vietnam}

in the aux file from the previous pdflatex run. When running pdflatex
again, everything worked fine.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang