[tex-live] Installing RevTex and other style files in TexLive

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Sep 29 20:16:58 CEST 2011

> 	I just installed MacTex-2011 on my Mac and would like to add
> 	style files -- in particular, RevTeX for American Physical
> 	Society publications.

As Norbert says, MacTeX and TL already include revtex.  Unless you did
something tricky to omit installing some packages, they should be
there.

I speculate that you may need to change your \documentclass.  APS's
current package includes revtex4.cls and revtex4-1.cls (for revtex 4.1),
but not revtex.cls.  They made that decision because the new classes
have some small incompatibilities with the older ones.

If you need a different version from APS, then you will indeed need to
install it in your own directory and run mktexlsr.  The standard place
on the Mac would be under ~/Library/texmf.

Hope this helps,
Karl