[tex-live] bug in dvipdfmx wrt diacritics?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 13:04:22 CEST 2011

2011/9/9 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:
> Hi everyone
>
> downstream at Debian we got a bug report concerning missing diacritics.
> I confirmed that it is also a problem with an up2date TL2011 installation,
> so it is nothing specific to TL2009 which we ship in Debian:
>
> --------------
> If you compile the latex below to DVI, and then to PDF using dvipdfmx,
> dvipdfmx produces the following error and the resulting PDF contains
> no diacritics.

With xdvipdfmx in TL 2010 as well as 2011 I get the same error and the
resulting PDF file is unreadable. I know that seac is used to create
composite accented characters and the syntax very restricted. Maybe
some font experts can help (Karel Piska?)

The font works fine in pdflatex.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/