[tex-live] Messed up TL installation

Haines Brown haines at histomat.net
Sun Oct 30 18:47:59 CET 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 07:54:12AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Fr, 28 Okt 2011, Haines Brown wrote:
> >   Segmentation fault
>
> Ouch. But no idea how this could happen,and why?
>
> Can you please turn of a virus scanner during installation?
> The problem is that sometimes virus scanners etc hold locks onto
> directories and that might create problems.

I had to be away and came back to find that the download had failed
for a second time. Took four tries before I had a complete
installation (tested it; it works).

I don't think I have any virus scanning (don't run windows).

> >  Installing [1022/2361, time/total: 01:42:55/04:14:32]: hyphen-interlingua [1k]
>
> Furthermore, you have a *very* slow connection!?!?

Interesting. It has been many years since I've thought about
connection speed. I find that my down/upload speed (ping) is 1.05/0.41
Mb/sec and I should be getting more like 36/16 Mb/sec. I'll have to
explore this further.

Thanks again for your helpful input.

Haines Brown