[tex-live] Ftuture state of XeTeX in TeXLive

Vafa Khalighi vafaklg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:19:38 CEST 2011

Hi

Since Jonathan has no time any more for coding XeTeX, then what will be the
state of XeTeX in TeX distributions such as TeXLive? will be XeTeX removed
from TeXLive just like Aleph and Omega (in favour of LuaTeX) were removed
from TeXLive?

Currently we have a large number of Persian TeX users and they need XeTeX
and if XeTeX gets removed from TeX distribution, then it would create lots
of problems for our community. Currently I am working on porting my works to
luatex but that at least takes few years to become stable enough.

Thanks