[tex-live] Corrupted copy of small2e.tex in TeX Live

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 10 23:48:12 CEST 2011

Hi Phil,

    /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/doc/latex/pdfx/small2e.tex
    /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/small2e.tex

Thanks for the report, but TL's responsibility in such cases is to
faithfully copy what is on CTAN, not introduce changes.  The pdfx
package maintainers (CVR and Thanh) are the ones who need to make the
fixes and thus are the ones who should be informed.

As it happens, I am talking to them about other things, so I'll forward
your report.  But in general it is better to go directly to the package
authors.

Thanks,
karl