[tex-live] TeX Live 2010 : "Update all installed" leads to endless (manual) loop

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Oct 7 13:31:32 CEST 2011

On Fr, 07 Okt 2011, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > I have no wish to migrate to TeX Live 2011 at this stage
> > (I prefer to wait until its end-of-life freeze), but do
> > wish to ensure that my TeX Live 2010 installation is up-to-date
> > (w.r.t. its freeze release, that is).
>
> [much deleted]
>
> but what you did is updating your 2010 to 2011 and on the way it
> seems to got broken.

PS: I don't know how you managed that ... because we have
safety precautions against it ... so you must have done something
evil in the background you are not telling us ;-)

Best wishes

Norbert
`Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.'
you should send that in to the
"Reader's Digest". They've got a page for people like you.'
                 --- Ford convincing Arthur to drink three pints in ten
                 --- minutes at lunchtime.