[tex-live] TEXMFHOME when using install-tl on a Mac

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Oct 6 13:00:33 CEST 2011

Hi Richard, hi Karl,

thanks for your nice round up!

On Mi, 05 Okt 2011, Richard Koch wrote:
> None of this contradicts other comments in the thread. We just need to encourage
> users who install directly via the script to use the above value of TEXMFHOME.

We can in *principle* set the installer up that when it is running
on Mac it selects ~/Library/texmf as TEXMFHOME and maybe the other
changes, too.

Would you think that make sense in the bigger picture?

I see tha tpoint that since long time all posts and recommendations
are for putting texmf into ~/LIbrary, so we can follow this
tradition.

??? Karl, what do you think?

Best wishes

Norbert