[tex-live] Win 7: installationproblems, Perl stopped working

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Nov 11 10:52:02 CET 2011

Norbert Preining wrote, On 2011-11-11 08:32:
> On Do, 10 Nov 2011, Steffen Videbæk Petersen wrote:
>>> Wehn we run install-tl.bat we get a message saying
>>>
>>> "Perl has stopped working"
>> install-tl-advanced.bat works without any problems. It's not a fix but a
>> workaround and may aid debugging.
>
> That *really* makes a difference? THe perl that is used is the same?!?
> Hmmm, and the only difference is the installer code. Strange.
> I would like to know what triggered that difference.

I had one interesting observation, yesterday.

If we click on install-tl.bat we would get the mentioned Perl error.

<full path>/perl.exe -e "print 'test'"

printed test as expected.

Running

install-tl.bat -no-gui

actually started something, it complained that it could not access the
mirrors (the PC was not online at the time).

After getting it online, we tried

install-tl.bat -no-gui

again, but it just seem to be hanging (under wget trying to access the
mirrors)

--

/daleif