[tex-live] problem with babel package

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:17:37 CEST 2011

2011/5/20 Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk>:
> Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> wrote:

> we have a situation here where support of personal widnoze machines is
> potentially far better, under miktex at least.  if the user needs a
> package that hir system doesn't have, miktex might be able to download
> it without any intervention.

It should be written in some basic documentation that in such cases
the user should try:

tlmgr search --file --global missing_file_name

This will search the installation media and return the name of the
package to be installed. RHEL based distros have their own packaging
system and the command with the same functinality is

yum provides missing_file_name

I hope that other Linux packaging systems provide it too, the users
should be educated to use it.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/