[tex-live] problem with babel package

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu May 19 08:37:27 CEST 2011

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Mi, 18 Mai 2011, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> > the best i can do is to create an ubuntu package that people can select
> > in place of the ubuntu scatter-gun approach.  (sigh.)
>
> Which is the Norbert-scatter-gun approach.

ah.  i had a sort of idea that ubuntu was juggling the debian packages.

> What is in Debian and Ubuntu matches the collections in TeX Live.
> And if not all of them are installed things might fail, but then
> this is also due to a missing dependency within the TeX Live tlpsrc
> files.

my view of the world needs juggling: my apologiesm if i've slandered you.

> OTOH, as I am soon start to package TL2011 for Debian, I am open
> for suggestions to improve the Debian/Ubuntu packaging? Do you
> prefer one big package? I guess I will get killed for that ;-)

what the users _really_ need is "what we had before" (for each user).
since i don't know what they had after their machine has been regrooved
with the new os, this doesn't help much.

however, with the knowledge of the congruence of package systems, i
ought to be able to improve responsiveness to error reports.

thanks for the response.

robin
--
> GLORORUM (n.)
> One who takes pleasure in informing others about their bowel
> movements.
> 			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

i'll spare you that, then, if you find we glorora a source of fun.