[tex-live] Location of recorder file

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 7 03:01:02 CEST 2011

    LuaTeX calls recorder_change_filename only once, with \jobname + .fls,
    so I don't think other changes are necessary.

No, there is still a bug.  Here is the case that fails, at least with
the current luatex sources in TL:

$ mkdir tex
$ echo 'hello\end' >tex/hello.tex
$ $workdir/luatex -ini -recorder -output-directory=/tmp tex/hello.tex
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.0-2011050519 (rev 4247)  (INITEX)
/home/texlive/karl/Build/source/Work/texk/web2c/luatex: /tmp/tex/hello.tex12112.fls: No such file or directory

That is, given a relative path for the input file, it appends the
directory part of the input path to the -output-directory.  It shouldn't
do that.  (The other engines all work ok, just using the basename.)

I have no idea any more about what code has been applied where, but some
fix is presumably needed.

Best,