[tex-live] problems with spaces under windows

Uwe Siart uwe.siart at tum.de
Thu Jun 30 21:37:14 CEST 2011

On 30 Jun 2011 at 19:43, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> It is up to Karl to decide how acceptable/unacceptable the problems
> are in the eyes of releasing a DVD with "known problems".

Not sure if it is really a TL issue. Always expect that the "known
problems" might also be on the windows side. File permission handling
in windows is broken IMO. I strongly recommend to create the user
"Administrator" (which actually means to uncover it) and then log on as
Administrator whenever you touch something in the installed programs.
Being a user that is in the group "administrators" is not equivalent in
my experience.

--
Uwe