[tex-live] problems with spaces under windows
mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 19:43:59 CEST 2011
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 19:33, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
>> Error Applying Security
>> An error occurred while applying security information to:
>> C:\Program Files\TeX Live\2011\texmf\web2c
>> Access is denied.
> sorry, no further idea!
I also suspect some hardware/hard drive problems (or a bug in VMware). Today:
- I experienced a failed installation of TeX Live (took an infinite
amount of time until I forced-quit it)
- I was unable to remove a directory (Owner cannot be determined).
- I was unable to update MikTeX due to some other permission problems.
Still, the other two problems:
- unable to run "tlmgr install foo"
- unable to make ptex format on windows
don't seem to relate to my hardware and are probably related to tiny
buglets in TeX Live & pTeX macros (related to the fact that pTeX
doesn't use utf-8 on Windows).
It is up to Karl to decide how acceptable/unacceptable the problems
are in the eyes of releasing a DVD with "known problems".
More information about the tex-live