[tex-live] tlpretest i386-cygwin: TrueType fonts in texmf-local not found

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 21 01:51:27 CEST 2011

Hi Rolf,

It's a puzzlement.

As things are, searching for a file with extension .ttf using
--format=.otf, or vice versa, is not intentionally supported, and never
was.  Maybe it should be.  It's not hard to make that change, but OTOH
it is getting late.  I see that it works in some cases (for reasons not
immediately apparent to me) and fails in others.  I cannot say why it
worked for you in 2010, if indeed that is what was happening.  Maybe
LuaTeX changed in this regard?

At present, the intent is that both .otf and .ttf can be found (via
their respective --formats) under both opentype// and truetype//, ie,
the top-level directory doesn't matter.  This was not the case in 2010.
But since you put your .otf under opentype and your .ttf under truetype,
that apparently doesn't apply in your case.

At any rate, using your paths, I can definitely find your Minion.otf as
.otf and your Arvo.ttf as .ttf with the current sources.