[tex-live] This morning's 2011 pretest (hyphenation, ftp issues)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 20 20:24:44 CEST 2011

Hi Taco,

       ! I can't find file `dehypht-x-2009-06-19.tex'.

As far as I can see, it exists as
texmf-dist/tex/generic/dehyph-exptl/dehypht-x-2009-06-19.tex
(part of the dehyph-exptl package).  Do you have it there?
My kpsewhich can find it.

    every two dozen or so package downloads, the permanent FTP
    connection drops

Maybe try http from the start?  That "permanent connection" might do
better.

Clearly something has changed in the network and/or system and/or code,
but I don't see any easy way to find out what.  Sigh.

    TLmgr does not appear to write a log,

Try running with -vv, and redirect the output.  (Don't use -vvv unless
you want to see every line of texlive.tlpdb. :)