[tex-live] TeXLive 2011 and Solaris Intel---More info

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 9 01:32:47 CEST 2011

    having had to modify texk/kpathsea/Makefile.in to explicitly invoke gawk
    instead of awk

Is there any way you can find out where awk failed?  (On
cnf-to-paths.awk.) I went to some trouble to avoid requiring gawk when I
wrote that script -- or so I thought.

    texk/dvisvgm/dvisvgm-1.0.8/src/Process.cpp to
    explicitly include <signal.h>

Ok, easily fixable.

    Several binaries, for example pdftex, require libgcc_s.so.6 and
    libstdc++.so.6,

The source tree goes to a lot of trouble to statically link the C++
libraries by default.  (source/m4/kpse-cxx-hack.m4)

Best,
karl