[tex-live] pretest'11 begin

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jun 1 03:48:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Di, 31 Mai 2011, George N. White III wrote:
> On my Ubuntu 11.04 amd64 box the installer detected the existing
> /usr/local/texlive/2010 install (the "bin/<arch>" directory was in the PATH)
> and offered to copy the settings, so I don't think there is a problem with
> having both 2010 and 2011 directories.

No, that is to be expected, and all should work fine.

> The "copying" of the existing settings did take the existing texmfcnf.lua
> which has a reference to the 2010 directory, so it wouldn't surprise me

???? What do you mean?
The taking over of settings does not take texmfcnf.lua into *any*
account, and *NEVER* copies any files. It reads only the previously
installed collections and settings from the installer, and applies
it to the new installation. Nothing NOTHING is copied over!

Could you please be more specific what you mean with the above sentence?

Best wishes

Norbert