[tex-live] change repository for tlmgr after pretest

Xu Wang xuwang762 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 05:53:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm sorry I really looked but I could not find information on the mailing
archive. Do I have to uninstall texlive pretest and install the released
version? My tlmgr update -all doesn't work (see below), and when I add
--repository and choose another one, that doesn't work either. Any ideas?

Thank you very much,

Xu Wang

xuwang at ubuntu:~$ tlmgr update --all
tlmgr: package repository ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest
TLDownload::get_file: response error:
  404 Can't chdir to tlpkg
permanent server connection set up, but downloading did not succeed!Retrying
with wget.
Unable to download the remote TeX Live database,
but found a local copy so using that.

You may want to try specifying an explicit or different CTAN mirror;
see the information and examples for the -repository option at
http://tug.org/texlive/doc/install-tl.html
(or in the output of install-tl --help).

TLDownload::get_file: response error:
  404 Can't chdir to tlpkg
permanent server connection set up, but downloading did not succeed!Retrying
with wget.
TLDownload::get_file: response error:
  404 Can't chdir to tlpkg
permanent server connection set up, but downloading did not succeed!Retrying
with wget.
Cannot load TeX Live database from
ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest at
/usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-linux/tlmgr line 4615.
xuwang at ubuntu:~$