[tex-live] ebong

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jan 19 14:30:47 CET 2011

> That is fIne for scripts included with TL, but users want to run
> scripts they have written (e.g., to extract records from a database
> and write a latex table) or found on the internet (CTAN or elsewhere).

The perl in TeX Live is NOT accessible from normal environment, the interpreter not in thepath, it is ONLY for TeX Live and does not interfere in any waywithyour system.

What is it what you try to say???

> You can't be sure all the add-ons used by such scripts are present in
> TL.

Wedon't care. Peopke in need of a perl need to install a proper perl distribution, they cannot usr (or practically impossible) our perl, and thatis the intention.

Norbert