[tex-live] Wscript.Shell

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Thu Feb 10 17:44:54 CET 2011

A Windows-using friend asked how he can get musixtex working on his
system. I suggested installing TeXLive. The installation seems to
have gone well and we've been able to pdftex-process a test file. I
see that a processing option has to be added to allow musixflx to do
its thing in TexWorks, but more seriously tlmbg-gui doesn't start,
apparently (I'm a complete novice at Windows) because it couldn't find
an "automation class" called Wscript.Shell. Should I re-install texlive
or is something standard missing from the system?

Bob T.