[tex-live] help with managing text live installation

Jim Anderson ezjab at ieee.org
Sat Dec 17 17:23:06 CET 2011

Zdenek,

Thank you for the response. It really helped.

By the way, The command you gave me is almost correct but not quite.

When I ran it I got an error message. However, I tried running
'tlgmr --help' and got the error message that perl-doc was not found.
After installing perl-doc on my system I then found that if I substitute
'list' for 'show', i.e.

 > tlgmr list --only-installed

then I get the information the I am looking for.

Jim Anderson
ezjab at ieee.org
(908)329-0586