[tex-live] Glossaries package "see" attribute

Torsten Andre qa at takb.net
Thu Aug 25 15:09:47 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm using the glossaries package [1] to define a glossary (who would
have thought of that). Yesterday I came across the feature to be able to
use "see={other glossary entry, another one, etc.} which I like very
much. But using this feature something funny happened. I have one
central glossary file for all my documents. So I am dependent on
glossaries to only include those entries from the file that I actually
did use in the document. But what happens now is that all entries for
which the "see" attribute is used, are included in the glossaries even
though not referenced in the document.

To clarify: If I create an empty Latex document inserting the glossary
file via input{glossary.tex} those entries that have the see attribute
will end up in a glossary in the document, though the document itself is
completely empty.

Is this behavior meant to be? Did I miss something?

I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong (if this is not meant to
be).

Thanks,

Torsten

[1] http://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/glossaries