[tex-live] updmap-sys problem

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 24 00:11:02 CEST 2011

On 23 August 2011 15:30, Hugo Hinterberger <hugo.hinterberger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed that the files that updmap is missing are not in the right
> location (although installed via tlmgr).

[snip]

> ==> C:\texlive>dir /s /b allrunes.map
> C:\texlive\2011\fonts\map\dvips\allrunes\allrunes.map

There is something messed up with your installation.  In the standard
setup this file is in:

  C:/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/allrunes/allrunes.map

> My solution: I manually moved/merged the files from the texlive/2011/*
> directory to/into the texlive/2011/texmf-dist/* directory, did a
> mktexlsr, a tlmgr generate updmap and a updmap-sys.

You should instead try to remove the offending packages with tlmgr (if
possible, which I doubt, since the files are in the wrong place) and
install them again (which should be no problem).  Manual fiddling with
package files is not advisable.

> Maybe this helps someone.
> Can someone point me in the direction where to set the paths for tlmgr
> aka the configuration file for tlmgr. I can't find it at the locations
> stated in [1].
> [1] http://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/tlmgr.html#configuration_file

The link you gave describes configuration, which is specific to tlmgr
tool only.  You probably mean texmf.cnf---the (kpathsea) configuration
file for the tex distribution---run 'kpsewhich -all texmf.cnf' for a
list (the one at the installation root is where you should put your
modifications).

Cheers,

Tomek