[tex-live] Path-Variable

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Aug 8 03:36:55 CEST 2011

Le 07/08/2011 15:44, Bernhard Kleine a écrit :
> I installed texlive 2011 as administrator on ubuntu. I noticed, however,
> that the root path variable still contains the texlive 2010 entry. I
> have tried to localize the file where this path information is hardcoded
> and could not find it. Could you please name the place where the
> information of the texlive dir is added to the path?

Do you mean you added TL2010 to your system's (or root's) PATH but can't
remember in which file? Because it's certainly not the TL installer who added
anything to your PATH.

> files which did not reveal this info: etc/profile, etc/bashrc,
> root/.bashrc, root/.profile.

On Debian-like systems, /etc/environment may be used to set the PATH
system-wide, too.

Manuel.

PS: keeping files under revision control can be very helpful for this kind of
thing. For your system's /etc, etckeeper
<http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/etckeeper/> is great tool.