[tex-live] latex2e update

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 4 16:07:12 CEST 2011

On 4 August 2011 14:16, George N. White III <gnwiii at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:11 AM, T T <t34www at googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> Do you mean
>>>
>>> \tlpkg\tlpobj\dehyph-exptl.tlpobj
>>>
>>> actually? I can't find dehyph-exptl.tlpsrc here.
>>
>> You would need to edit .tlpobj.tlpobj *and* texlive.tlpdb, I reckon,
>> but I do not recommend fiddling with packages like that, unless you're
>> really in a hurry (meaning, you need it fixed today).  Just wait till
>> tomorrow for the update.
>
> Editing .tlpobj.tlpobj *and* texlive.tlpdb worked for me.

There are always those brave souls among our users we can count on :)

>> @Mojca, please don't encourage users to shoot themselves in the foot ;)
>
> Users who aren't comfortable with loaded guns shouldn't pull the
> trigger unless the situation is desperate.  I can imagien cases (just
> updated
> MacTeX before heading out on a trip with limited networking) when
> Mojca's loaded gun would be much appreciated.

Yeah, I know, but it always rubs me the wrong way, when such an advice
is not accompanied by a bit fat warning.  Practice shows that
desperate people are unlikely to benefit from a loaded gun, but they
only realize that after the gun is fired and it's already too late (if
they are still alive to tell the story).

Cheers,

Tomek