[tex-live] ls-R oddness

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 30 02:01:11 CEST 2011

Edd,

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you want.  I can't debug your process for
you.  I can't reproduce it since I don't have your TeX packaging or your
BSD utilities.  You can run sh -vx mktexlsr and/or the commands therein
by hand as well as I can to see what is happening.

I don't know of any reason why a2ping.pl would not end up in ls-R the
first time.  It's certainly there for me.  It really does boil down to
running ls -LRa and a bit of postprocessing with sed to remove . and ..,
etc.

Best,
Karl