[tex-live] possible tlmgr bug

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez artemiog at me.com
Thu Apr 28 23:57:38 CEST 2011

When I run tlmgr, I get the following error:

/bin/sh: /Volumes/Macintosh: No such file or directory
/usr/local/texlive/current/bin/x86_64-darwin/tlmgr: could not run /Volumes/Macintosh HD/usr/local/texlive/2010/tlpkg/installer/config.guess, cannot proceed, sorry at /Volumes/Macintosh HD/usr/local/texlive/2010/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 234.

I should say that my texlive installation is NOT on the primary partition (on which I am testing Mac OS X 10.7's developer preview), but on a second partition, which the Mac references as /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/. In other words, texlive's installation directory is

/Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/usr/local/texlive/

and /usr/local/texlive is just a symbolic link to the former directory. The problem, I think, is that somewhere in tlmgr the space in "Macintosh HD" is not handled correctly. Would it be easy to fix that?

Thanks in advance,

Artemio

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez
artemiog at me.com