[tex-live] Where do I put lua scripts for a package?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Apr 25 23:36:48 CEST 2011

Am Mon, 25 Apr 2011 21:19:14 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:

>  > I'm not sure. "scripts" is certainly the right place for lua file
>  > connected with an executable, e.g. mkluatexfontdb.lua /
>  > mkluatexfontdb.exe.
>  >
>  > But the majority of package puts their lua-files in "tex". Look e.g.
>  > a luaotfload or lualibs. And at my opinion this make sense. These
>  > lua-files are similar to the various .tex files e.g. pgf inputs.
>
> In this case kpathsea falls back to $TEXINPUTS and has to scan the
> whole $TEXMF/tex trees, which is rather inefficient and not desirable.

I don't think that this must be the case. Inefficient searches can
be avoided: Packages can always setup the kpathsea search with the
kpse-functions. As far as I know e.g. luaotfload uses
luatexbase-loader.sty which sets up the search pathes "tex" for
lua-files (kpse.find_file(search_name, 'tex')). And context is doing
its own thing anyway and ignores kpathsea.

--
Ulrike Fischer