[tex-live] Please offer new version XITS fonts from CTAN

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 14:58:30 CEST 2011

Pander <pander at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Can someone bump XITS fonts, a new versions has been published in CTAN?
> the Easter Bunny has already delivered 1.009 yesterday. TeX Live still
> has version 1.006 from July 2010.

the ctan update happened less than 24 hours ago, and already you seem to
be suggesting that someone is being remiss in not repackaging it for tex
live.  people who do voluntary work often find they have other stuff to
do -- i've been working in my garden, and i find this intemperate rant
when i come back indoors to have a drink and cool off.

> How can this be streamlined for the next release of XITS?

not much.  employ some people to do the work full time?  people who've
the distilled wisdom of the tex live team, might approach what's needed
... but where do you find people like that who're available for anything
other than what they already do?

> Do TeX Live
> maintainers get CTAN update notifications in some way?

of course they do.

(signed) the person who installed this latest xits release on ctan.