[tex-live] TeXLive has no stable source tree and resorts to DVD with binaries?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:33:00 CEST 2011

2011/4/14 Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com>:

> The reason of conflicts is quite often caused lack of LaTeX education.
> some users blindly copy the preamble from a document to another with a
> lot of \usepackage command no matter whether they really need these
> packages within to document. and they often use a large package even
> in cases where a short macro would do the job.

Just copying? I have seen blind swapping of preambles of few coauthors
so the resulting preamble reminds an Irish ragout as described by
Jerome Jerome with tons of unnecessary and conflicting packages and
the same macros having few different names

\newcommand\eps{\epsilon}

\newcommand\ep{\epsilon}

\newcommand\e{\epsilon}

and amazingly this mostly works!