[tex-live] Source code for makeindex

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 9 16:16:58 CEST 2011

On 2011-04-09 02:06, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Nelson,
>
>     No one has informed me of further work on that program,
>
> The "further work" has been in the nature of compilation fixes,
> increasing fixed array sizes, etc., rather than significant
> development.  You're certainly welcome to our changes if you want them.
>
> karl

Hi all,

The usual suspects of latest stable source code when browsing the
interwebs are:
1) http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/makeindex/
2) http://ctan.org/tex-archive/indexing/makeindex
3) http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/makeindexk/
and all of them have differences in at least the src and doc directories.

Is the following description correct?:
1) upstream stable and development: ftp.math.utah.edu
2) downstream mirror with only stable: ctan.org
3) downstream stable only with patches: tug.org/svn/texlive
the latter, 3), will be submitting patches upstream to 1).

Nelson and Karl, if this is the situation, can you please consolidate 1)
and 3) and update 2) so they offer exactly the same source when you are
done?

I will submit my patch to TexLive based on texlive/makeindexk, OK?

Thanks,

Pander