[tex-live] [win32] bibtex and makeindex - Forbidden to open for writing

Thomas Jung thomas.jung at public-files.de
Tue Sep 14 19:24:50 CEST 2010

Hello,

I get an error while using bibtex (bibtopic and gloss)
and makeindex.

D:\mydocs\tmp\document.1.blg: Forbidden to open for writing
I couldn't open file name `D:\mydocs\tmp\document.1.blg'

I get this error if  write18/shell-escape are enabled or not.

btw: with miktex I don't get this error, using the same
command-sequences as within Tex-Live 2010
And that error doesn't apperas with TeX-Live 2009
But can't remember if I made additional modifications
to kpathsea in TL 2009.

Do I have to set additional options to kpathsea?

btw: the resulting pdf seems to be ok, but the error message is new.

T.