[tex-live] TL 2010 : Does XeLaTeX search for Emacs, and if so, why ?!

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 13:20:59 CEST 2010

2010/9/6 Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>:
> Bear in mind as well that when Don designed the user
> interface for error handline, he did not give much
> thought to the more common semantics of some of the
> commands he chose :
>
>        Don : "E" for "Edit"
>        Almost all other software : "E" for "Exit"

No, in CUA, File/Exit is accessed by Alf-F followed by X, I have never
seen E (and I still sometimes use Windows and used OS/2 for a long
time, CUA and CORBA were designed by Microsoft and IBM in cooperation,
possibly together with other vendors)

>        Don : "Q" for "Quiet"
>        Almost all other software : "Q" for "Quit"

Now quite a lot of programs use Ctrl-Q, even in Linux.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/