[tex-live] TL 2010 : Does XeLaTeX search for Emacs, and if so, why ?!

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Sep 6 09:46:11 CEST 2010

Am Mon, 6 Sep 2010 02:45:18 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:

> Another question is which editor should be the default on Windows.
> The one *you* think is best for Windows users?  There are so many
> different ones and most Windows users have never seen anything else
> but TeXniccenter.  Should this be the default?

No. TeXniccenter is widespread but certainly not suitable as a
default. If you want to set a default, you should at my opinion use
like miktex as default the standard editor of windows, notepad.exe.
And perhaps add in texmf.cnf some examples how to change this
default to something more useful.

--
Ulrike Fischer