[tex-live] apropos

CTAN maintainer Jim Hefferon ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Sun Oct 10 02:46:19 CEST 2010

Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>:
> Are keywords collected at any level now (I seem to remember something
along that line on CTAN but my memory can be very faulty)?

See http://az.ctan.org/keywords for the web interface.

Karl:
> Looking at that mail now, I'm not sure that Jim's keywords need be the
only source.  The package summaries (<caption>s in Catalogue terms) also
seem like they could be used.

Not the <description>'s also?  Or do you folks cover those already?

Anyway, at the moment I do a nightly dump at
ftp://tug.ctan.org/ftpmaint/az/texcatalogue.xml that I think validates
agains the .dtd in that dir.  All experimental, so if someone wants to
write something, let me know.

Jim